Start a post with a picture of me ( taken treason) working on my patterns... not a good way to encourage you... but that´s how I´m much of my time totally engrossed between rules and measures to achieve what I have in my mind.
I´m working on getting the shirt that came with the houndstooth skirt. For starters I modified the pattern of this dress, and warned that a basic pattern is a treasure, yes... based on it, you can get any pattern. The changes were few, since the pattern of the dress is checked and it feel good on me, let´s see...
I copy the dress pattern and cut it 6.5 inches below the waistline. Close neckline one inch. Add half inch in the center front line to cross the buttonholes. Add a pattern of short sleeves. With these changes I cut blouse.
The image at right shows a quick way to place the sleeve according to the markings of union, then sew the whole side at once.
For now this is what I have finished of the blouse, just a test to verify that it´s okay.
And a lesson learned..... Ladys.... not wearing a lace bra with this shirt!!!